Monday, May 26, 2014

Remembering

M has a good memory. Like a crazy photographic one of almost all of his 6 years on earth. It is a gift for sure. Although sometimes it can bite me in the booty when in moments of desperation/distraction I may have promised the sun, the moon, and the stars. And by golly, it will not be forgotten:) 


Today is a day of remembering those who have fallen for our freedom. This thought prompted me to think about the many times God asked us to remember. To remember His promises, His past fulfillment of plans, and most importantly, what His Son did on the cross for us. Why does He do that? I think it is to ground us in Him, not in the ways of the world, and give us hope of what is to come.



John 14:26
"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.


John 2:22
So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.

Isaiah 46:9
"Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me,

God never leaves anyone hanging. He always does what He says He will do. His promises are plenty and they are available to all of us. So during those moments when the storms are raging, we are not left in chaos. We are given peace from Him and the power to overcome. I don't know about you, but it is nice to be reminded of that now and then:)



No comments:

Post a Comment