Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Answers

"But why, mom?" 

"But when, mom?


"But how?"


I hear these questions multiple times a day like most parents. And nine times out of ten my answer is, "because I said so." Such concrete parenting:)


My husband has been putting in for a program that would terminate his commitment to his current job for, oh, 3 years now. And each time it has been denied. My answer to him was simple, "stop being a rock star at your job and they will want to get rid of you." Such a great answer filled with integrity, eh? He is lucky to have me. 


But yesterday our request was approved which means we get to start the next chapter of our life. Thank you Jesus! And the timing is quite perfect. God lined things up so well that it was quite shocking for both of us. But why should it be? He is an amazing God who can do anything! And The Word it is filled with proof of this. So let's take a look.



The Answered Prayer
John 14:12-14

12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask[c] anything in My name, I will do it.



Isaiah 41:13
For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’



Proverbs 8:35
For whoever finds me finds life, And obtains favor from the Lord;


I believe that God wants good things for us always. His ways are our ways because He lives in us. And when we listen to Him, He will guide us to the answers and enrich the desires of our hearts according to what is good in Him. He redeems all things for His glory. And "because I said so" is not in His vocabulary. He always has answers for us and is patient with us. Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment