Thursday, May 15, 2014

Demands

This morning I had just sat down in my favorite comfy chair with a giant mug of coffee, ready to tackle pressing adoption emails when the demands started rolling in.

"Where is my sticky hand and my toothpaste from the dentist? I want to show Daddy!"


"Can I have another waffle?"


"I want more juice!"


"When are we going swimming?"


"What are we doing tomorrow?"


"I have to poop! Come with me!" 


All of these came in rapid fire and I could not even answer one without the next one being uttered.


Is this what I sound like with my Heavenly Father? One demand after another? Does He ever grow weary like I do? I used to think I had to be tactful with my requests. They needed to be worthy and important. But during this last year, I have begun to realize that it is ALL important to him. Even down to the "Lord please help me find the toy monster truck that L is refusing to go to bed without unless it is in his hand in 10, 9, 8, 7... There it is! Thank you Jesus!" It all matters to Him.



Matthew 7:7  “Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Mark 11:24  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it

The amount of verses on talking with God and asking things of Him goes on and on and on... because He wants to hear from us! He desires to be in constant communication with us. And He wants to lavish love and favor and goodness upon us. There is nothing too small or too big for Him to handle and He wants to be a part of it all. He is never bothered by us or overwhelmed or unimpressed. All of it matters to Him. All of it! What an encouragement! So ask away:)




No comments:

Post a Comment