Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Words

"You are not invited to my birthday!"

"Well you can come to mine but you can't have any cake or a treat bag!"

According to my boys, this is the ultimate punishment if one is mad at the other. I have been uninvited to their birthday parties too (by the way they are months away).  These comments always make me giggle a bit but I know that the intention behind them is to be angry and hurt the other person. And what prompts this is usually frustration.

I am notorious for snarky comments. Sarcasm is my middle name. It is a defense for me when moments get tough. My words can bite and hurt. And once they are out, it can be so hard to make it right. But it can be made right:) Jesus made it right the moment He gave up His life for us. And with that, we can walk confidently in knowing that our words can be used for good, and not destruction.

Ephesians 4:29 



Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.








There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.








Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.








A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.






In this day and age, our words are not just coming from our mouth. They can fly just as quickly from our fingers on a keyboard. When we belong to The King, we are transformed and have the power to infuse kindness and grace into the world. It is such a gift to be a light in the darkness! So let's encourage one another to be that light. Who knows, maybe everyone will get a treat bag at the birthday party:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment