Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Repetition and Renew

My kiddos will get fixated on a movie and watch it every day for weeks. Every. Single. Day. They know every song, every joke, every crazy move inside out and upside down. Of course this transfers to me because I am inadvertently listening and soaking it up. And that's when I find myself busting out "everything is awesome!" in the middle of the produce aisle at the grocery store. Sound familiar?

I got to thinking about the value of repetition. That was how I learned my times tables as a kid. The drill and kill method. I still know my prepositions because of the goofy song my third grade teacher taught us. I mean, I am 33 and that thing is stuck in my mind and will never leave:)


The bible repeats the message of the gospel constantly as well as key points about God's love and our identity in Him. We can never hear these things enough. The repetition is a vital part of renewing our minds.


The word love appears 442 times in the bible. The word faith appears 336 times. Peace appears 353 times. We can never hear these words enough! 


Renewing our mind in Him is not just a one time deal that happens when you accept Christ as your savior. Our minds need to be renewed constantly throughout the day in order to push through what is set out before us.




2nd Corinthians 5:17 


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.





Romans 2:12




Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.






Psalm 51:10

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.






We have been made new but we need to hear it . And I believe our Heavenly Father finds such joy in sharing this with us every day. It is His love letter to us. So bring on the repetition:)

No comments:

Post a Comment