Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father

I was blessed with a fantastic dad. He was loving and patient (except when it came to teaching me geometry, he left that to a tutor ;). He was an amazing encourager and taught us at an early age about Gods love. I only had him for 19 years before he went home to be with Jesus. It was too soon and my heart was broken for 12 years after. 

I went through the stepping stones of life; getting married, graduating college, teaching, and eventually having kiddos. But with each accomplishment, there was a tinge of sadness that surrounded it because my dad was not there to share it. I grew more and more distant from God and had let my earthly father's memory become my guide. And there was no peace in that. 

Finally, with gentle love and encouragement from a dear friend, my eyes were opened to what I had done. I had put my earthly father before my Heavenly Father. At that moment, I let go. I let my dad be a sweet memory for me, and embraced my Daddy God as the most important father I would ever have. And with that, I was set free.

Our Daddy God is the most amazing father we will ever have. If we had a horrible earthly father, or a non existent one, or even an amazing dad, God trumps them all. His love is deeper, wider, and more powerful than any one's love.


1 Corinthians 8:6 

Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

James 1:17 


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.


Luke 12:6-7 

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.

No one will ever value or love us as much as Him. And when we renew our minds to this, we rest in Him. We let Him lavish His love and favor upon us. We bask in His warm embrace. And we carry the knowledge that He will never depart from us. That is something worth celebrating today!





1 comment:

  1. Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete